Charles Ellis Brown of Bayou State Oil Corporation, will talk about the history and importance of the Bayou State Oil Refinery to the village of Hosston and the surrounding area. The talk is a local history program of the Red River Crossroads Historical & Cultural Association. The talk will take place Sunday, April 24th at 3pm in the auditorium.
Singing Pines Recreational Complex in honored to again be a stop on the annual Heritage & Harvest Tour set for September 26th, 2015.
This years vendors include:
- Magnolia Catering will be cooking catfish plates with fries, hush puppies, coleslaw and tea for $8.00.
- Misty Banks (Hosston) will be displaying her art.
- Lamplighters will be displaying their art.
- Pam’s Pies will have cakes and pies available for purchase.
- The Tulip (Vivian, LA) will have candlesticks, lamps and decorative horses available for purchase.
- Cross My Heart Boutique (Susan Tinney) will have kids clothes available for purchase.
- Tupperware & Melaleuca
- Scentsy Candles
- Local Honey
Don’t miss the annual Singing Pines Christmas Concert, Saturday the 13th of December, featuring Martha Kostuik-Hollier, a former soprano soloist for the Bolshoi Theater in Russia and a special guest appearance by 9 String Theory, a unique musical collaboration of domra virtuoso Angelina Galashenkova-Reed and award-winning classical guitarist John Huston.