The Village of Hosston, in conjunction with Freedom’s Thunder, presents their first annual Salute to Heroes Day Saturday, June 16th, 2018, 8am to 5pm. Come and enjoy all the festivities with your family and friends. Bring your chairs! We will have a “Retrieve the Colors” motorcycle ride, “Missing Man” Tables Ceremony, biker games, K-9/Agency demonstrations, Honor Guard, Special Guest Speakers, free gumbo prepared by Legacy I, vendors, face painting, inflatable jump house, live entertainment by 8 Track and more!
The Savvy Sisters are planning to have even more vendors packing out the gym again for this year’s annual Heritage & Harvest Tour from 10am to 3pm Saturday, September 23rd.
Magnolia Catering is back with their delicious catfish plates for $8, serving 11:00 to 1:00.
Vendors selling honey, crafts, jewelry, painting, clothing and much more.
Contact Mary Beth or Donna if you are a vendor and want to participate. 318-464-8551 (Mary Beth)or 318-458-0094 (Donna).
- Magnolia Catering is back with delicious catfish plates for $8, serving 11:00 to 2:00.
- Vendors selling honey, crafts, jewelry, clothing and more.
- A Hosston School Alumni room with snacks & beverages to facilitate reminiscing.
- Live music in the auditorium featuring local talent.
Contact Mary Beth or Donna if you are a vendor/musician and want to participate. 318-464-8551 or 318-458-0094.
Charles Ellis Brown of Bayou State Oil Corporation, will talk about the history and importance of the Bayou State Oil Refinery to the village of Hosston and the surrounding area. The talk is a local history program of the Red River Crossroads Historical & Cultural Association. The talk will take place Sunday, April 24th at 3pm in the auditorium.
Singing Pines Recreational Complex in honored to again be a stop on the annual Heritage & Harvest Tour set for September 26th, 2015.
This years vendors include:
- Magnolia Catering will be cooking catfish plates with fries, hush puppies, coleslaw and tea for $8.00.
- Misty Banks (Hosston) will be displaying her art.
- Lamplighters will be displaying their art.
- Pam’s Pies will have cakes and pies available for purchase.
- The Tulip (Vivian, LA) will have candlesticks, lamps and decorative horses available for purchase.
- Cross My Heart Boutique (Susan Tinney) will have kids clothes available for purchase.
- Tupperware & Melaleuca
- Scentsy Candles
- Local Honey
Don’t miss the annual Singing Pines Christmas Concert, Saturday the 13th of December, featuring Martha Kostuik-Hollier, a former soprano soloist for the Bolshoi Theater in Russia and a special guest appearance by 9 String Theory, a unique musical collaboration of domra virtuoso Angelina Galashenkova-Reed and award-winning classical guitarist John Huston.