In 1930 a decision was made to build a new school building in Hosston that would cost $100,000. Ten and two-tenths acres of land known as the Allen-Hardeman property were purchased for $5,000 to build it on.
The building was completed in 1931 and was one of the most beautiful and modern high schools in Caddo Parish. The new school building contained a large auditorium and a home economics cottage behind the main building. The classrooms were large enough to accommodate the future pupils of the school for years to come. In 1935 a circular drive was added and the grounds leveled and landscaped.
In 1950 the taxpayers of Hosston approved a bond issue to build a gymnasium for $75,000.
The high school closed in the fall of 1951 and became Hosston Junior High School. It became Hosston Alternative School in 2010. The school closed for good in 2012.
Dr. David Kirby purchased the school to prevent its demise and has maintained and made improvements to the facility. Dr. Kirby named the facility Singing Pines Recreational Complex and has made it available to the area community for recreation and special events.